• show-popup

Product / Service Current Employee
Location Yorba Linda, California
Category Ex Employees
Views 137

I have never worked for company that is just horrible to their employees and the consumer.I'm currently an employee at Big Lots.

I have seen it all now!! I was made towork all day before Thanksgiving and the dday of and was told not getting paid holiday pay. So I missed time with my family so this company could stay opened all day Thanksgiving to make money!! And your not paying me!!

Not to mention Management is horrible!! They r the worst I have seen how the treat customers and employees. Not a good company.

I would not recommend this company to friends and or family!!They r not family oriented company and or have a religious background and that's scary to me!! 2e09fd0

Comments (8) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 21, 2013  from Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Happen to agree with the first poster....there are regulations about pay....research and contact your labor office. As to forcing you to work....guess what? A lot of companies in retail do that over the holidays....its called staffing.....if they are open...someone has to be there. And yes...they really only do care about the bottom line....that is why they are in business.
Reply to LTCC

Dec 21, 2013
"It is called work, you choose to work that day rather than spend time with family because you thought you would get holiday pay. No sympathy for you. Don't like it quit, or quit whining and suck it up. We all have jobs we hate. Be glad you live in a first world country."

You're so ignorant. No one in their right mind would actually choose to work on holidays. She just thought that if she's going to have to work that she'd at least get paid for it. Also why would she quit her job then she'd be broke and unhappy. Why do you care anyway?

Feb 23
Nobody chose to work on Thanksgiving.
Nobody wanted to be there that day, extra pay, or not.
You work what you're scheduled, or you lose your job.
Adults have responsibilities, and can't just up and quit like some carefree teenager.
Maybe one day you'll grow up, and not be so ignorant.

Dec 01, 2013  from Dearborn, Michigan
I'm only working there a seasonal job. By the way have degree in nursing and I see Ur not happy person nor have Jesus in Ur life
Reply to msmarinnuci

Dec 01, 2013
It is a shame that holidays are not holidays anymore, just another money making day. I worked the holiday in the hospital, but got holiday pay and got to celebrate with family the day before.
Reply to MDV727

Dec 01, 2013  from Afragola, Campania

Dec 03, 2013  from Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
There are federal laws that cover holiday pay which isn't an option for Big Lots. Call your local labor board (under federal or U.S. government) to find out for sure.

Read next Big Lots complaint

Rude worker named Dawn cussing all the time...

There is a worker named Dawn who every time I walk into the National City Store is either rude or cu...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Big Lots.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug