Yesterday I received my BIG LOTS Buzz Club online sales ad.They advertised and showed a picture of a reindeer door .
the ad reads, " assorted Christmas textiles, save 25%-50%." I got to the store and there was a similar white paper sign above the display of these items. I put the reindeer in my basket and when i went to check out they scanned the item which rang up full price. I said the bin was marked 25-50 % off, and the ad said the same thing. The manager came up to me with one of the signs in hand, and showed me print that was significantly smaller than the rest of the ad that said " off competitors pricing." I told her that was very misleading.
She said they already had to reprint the sign once, but she was just doing her job. They would not honor the advertised price. I decided not the purchase the door stop. On the way out of the store I noticed that they had a sales ad posted by the door.
Indeed there was the ad again, "assorted Christmas textiles, save 25%-50%." No where in the ad did it say 'off competitors pricing." I took the ad over to the manager and she said she was just doing what she was told to do, and gave me the corporate phone number.
I told her this is an illegal practice.
Unfortunately this same scenario has happened to me twice at Big Lots; the other time was this summer.I think I have made my last trip to Big Lots and will cancel my buzz club rewards too just based on principle.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Assorted Christmas Textiles
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "If you have a Lowes Credit Card the bank that they use is GE Capital Retail Bank according to the "Employee" on a Rip-Off Report Rebuttal Report Number 1140625. This..."
- "I went to wal mart in Thibodaux, La.,to pick up my lay-a-way for the lady to tell me that my daughters scooter was out back on the floor to sell..."
- "My husband and I just purchased a home in the Lancaster County, SC area. I went into the Big Lots store to purchase a small table and stools from the..."
- "I have gone 2 Lotee's Custom Cuts, San Antonio, Texas 4 more than a year. I have always been happy with My cuts n Styles.This last week, I Had..."
- "3-30-12 Review by Candice C in Huntingburg, IN Project: Install Concrete flooring in poolroom The poolroom flooring was done well & we're pleased. However, the contractor led us to believe he..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "Please refer to the attaching photo with the purse I bought at USA about 3 years ago by US$ 218.00, however I am really disappointed that the quality of..."