Yesterday I received my BIG LOTS Buzz Club online sales ad.They advertised and showed a picture of a reindeer door .
the ad reads, " assorted Christmas textiles, save 25%-50%." I got to the store and there was a similar white paper sign above the display of these items. I put the reindeer in my basket and when i went to check out they scanned the item which rang up full price. I said the bin was marked 25-50 % off, and the ad said the same thing. The manager came up to me with one of the signs in hand, and showed me print that was significantly smaller than the rest of the ad that said " off competitors pricing." I told her that was very misleading.
She said they already had to reprint the sign once, but she was just doing her job. They would not honor the advertised price. I decided not the purchase the door stop. On the way out of the store I noticed that they had a sales ad posted by the door.
Indeed there was the ad again, "assorted Christmas textiles, save 25%-50%." No where in the ad did it say 'off competitors pricing." I took the ad over to the manager and she said she was just doing what she was told to do, and gave me the corporate phone number.
I told her this is an illegal practice.
Unfortunately this same scenario has happened to me twice at Big Lots; the other time was this summer.I think I have made my last trip to Big Lots and will cancel my buzz club rewards too just based on principle.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Assorted Christmas Textiles
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Walmart should be out of business as they could are less about customer service!!! Ordered tv 10times. Employees STOLE them from site to store pickup!!!! Promised to have my tvs..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "I went to wal mart in Thibodaux, La.,to pick up my lay-a-way for the lady to tell me that my daughters scooter was out back on the floor to sell..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "Just a word f warning to those of you considering using KR Roofing. I sad ly used them for roof and siding repair. Over two months ago I paid them...."
- "I ordered a duck vase flower display. The ONLY reason I paid 80+ for the bouquet was for the duck vase. So imagine my surprise and disappointment when I found..."
- "I have a 2006 trailblazer ext and the finish is peeling off the rims. The dealership replaced them once and a year later it is happening again. I have been..."