2.6K views

I bought a "bargain" sofa at big lots. The delivery service (that charged me $65 bucks to deliver it) dragged it on its side along the concrete entry to my condo. Needless to say they ripped the microfiber fabric in several spots.

I immediately called to report the damage and three weeks later and speaking to three different managers I am still trying to get it exchanged.

I had to return to the store twice because my calls were never returned. I feel like they are waiting me out on the 30 days I have to make the return.

Today I arranged for the exchange yet again and the delivery man balked at bringing the new sofa to me. He complained that the new sofa will not fit in my elevator. Well, that could be a valid ***, but the first sofa didn't fit either and I am up 1 short flight of stairs (this is why they ripped me off on the original delivery charge).

THEN THE FURNITURE MANAGER HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME I MAY HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THE DAMAGED SOFA REMOVED AND FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE NEW SOFA!!!

I'm freakin' losing it. I've called the corporate office and the regional manager to complain and as one would imagine, no one has called me back.

I'm complaining now to Visa in an effort to reverse the charge. I imaging only that will bring about some action.

If you live near the Huntington Beach store I whole heartedly advise only buying merchandise that fits in your trunk and that you can carefully scrutinize. NEVER, NEVER BUY LARGE FURNITURE ITEMS THAT MUST BE DELIVERED. THEY RIP YOU OFF ON THE CHARGES AND THEN PUT YOU OFF IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. THEY DELIVERED THE SOFA THE DAY I BOUGHT IT, HAVE A SIGN THAT PROMISES DELIVERY IN TWO DAYS, BUT NOW THEY TELL ME IT IS NORMAL TO WAIT TWO TO THREE WEEKS FOR A DELIVERY. Total lies.

I thought I was getting a good deal, but paying 130 dollars to deliver and redeliver a 300 dollar sofa is no bargain. I should have gone to a reputable store that delivers as a courtesy. I would have got what I paid for on the first go around, been able to afford a better quality piece of furniture and would not have had to pay over 1/3 of the purchase price for delivery.

THINK TWICE BEFORE BECOMING A SUCKER TO BIG LOTS.

Review about: Big Lots Manager.

Had an Experience with Big Lots?

Comments

"Big Lots CONTRACTS out for delivery..seems to me..YOUR gripe is with that delivery company. You are not BOUND to have to use "contracted company"..Cheaper to rent U-HAUL." :)

Weaverville, North Carolina, United States #722491

I bought a sofa and it fell down, in two weeks, and I cannot get my money back, I though I was getting a deal, and all got was s/////d by biglots.

hey how about getting your own truck and bringing it home yourself, no friends, oops I mean no friends with trucks, get a u-haul 19.99 so stop crying and get over it!

:cry

Los Angeles, California, United States #680944

What delivery service did you use?In LA Big Lots does not deliver.

It sounds like the culprit is the outside delivery service that you used.

I'm preparing to use an outside delivery service for a big lots purchase.Would be nice if I knew what service you used.

Have made many purchases, both big and small and have to say I've NEVER had any issues or problems with them.And that includes customer service.

Everyone I have dealt with were friendly and helpful.

Obviously It's different parts of the country, but here in Va (just outside of DC).They're doing a good job.

As a former customer service supervisor I can honestly say that Big Lots is very picky about who they will help and also the Management team,from Corporate to individual stores have a habit of telling all employees about others personal business!! Such as how much they make etc.I have not been back into a Big Lots since they opened the new store!!!

If you pay it by credit card...call them and get your money credited back to your account.

Let them know your situation of why.***Big Lot for sure will have someone pick up that damaged sofa or you will be stuck with it.