My wife has been wanting to get a Keurig K40 but we haven't been able to afford the $89.99 price that they sell for at Wal-Mart and other retailers.
I was excited to get an email from Big Lots which stated that they had the same K40 model offered at a "price so low that it couldn't be shown" in the email. So I went to the website, which said the same thing but also had a valid date range of 4/2/15-4/9/15.
So, I took time from my lunch break and drove to one of the local stores on 5/7/15. The guy at the counter actually rolled his eyes when I asked about the item. He scanned it and said it was $89.99. When I showed him the email. He said he had never seen Big Lots do that before in an email or on the website. Then he told me that it would be in the Mother's Day sale starting on Saturday. When I told him that the dates were from 4/2/15-4/9/15 he said he didn't know anything about it but it would be on sale on Saturday.
It's now Saturday and I just got back from another Big Lots closer to me and it is still $89.99. I asked the manager about the price and the dates and he said that it was at the regular price, there was no sale and it would still be that price after 4/9.
I contacted the Big Lots customer service department and they told me "We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. For Big Lots to be able to carry the Keurig coffee maker, the Keurig company requires us to advertise the item in this manner. We are not allowed to show the price in our ads or on our web site."
However, this didn't address the valid date issue which gives one the impression of a special price.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Misleading advetising
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Keurig K40 Brewing System
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "The chipotle chicken panini was the best thing you had on your menu and you took it away one day and haven't offered another good panini since. Please bring this..."
- "Project: Remodel kitchen and 1/2 bath. Install kitchen counter bar-top and ceramic tiles in both areas (major part of project). The project started 12/13/12 with a contract completion date of..."
- "I bought a brand-new 2012 Chevy Sonic from a dealer in AZ. I bought the car because it was one of only 2 automatic cars that are designed to..."