My wife has been wanting to get a Keurig K40 but we haven't been able to afford the $89.99 price that they sell for at Wal-Mart and other retailers.
I was excited to get an email from Big Lots which stated that they had the same K40 model offered at a "price so low that it couldn't be shown" in the email. So I went to the website, which said the same thing but also had a valid date range of 4/2/15-4/9/15.
So, I took time from my lunch break and drove to one of the local stores on 5/7/15. The guy at the counter actually rolled his eyes when I asked about the item. He scanned it and said it was $89.99. When I showed him the email. He said he had never seen Big Lots do that before in an email or on the website. Then he told me that it would be in the Mother's Day sale starting on Saturday. When I told him that the dates were from 4/2/15-4/9/15 he said he didn't know anything about it but it would be on sale on Saturday.
It's now Saturday and I just got back from another Big Lots closer to me and it is still $89.99. I asked the manager about the price and the dates and he said that it was at the regular price, there was no sale and it would still be that price after 4/9.
I contacted the Big Lots customer service department and they told me "We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. For Big Lots to be able to carry the Keurig coffee maker, the Keurig company requires us to advertise the item in this manner. We are not allowed to show the price in our ads or on our web site."
However, this didn't address the valid date issue which gives one the impression of a special price.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Misleading advetising
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Keurig K40 Brewing System
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Walked into Big Lots and the store was a mess, boxes in aisle couldn't get down at least 3 of them. Store was dirty. Carts filled with item..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I have been taking my 2 cats to Banfield Pet Hospital (the Virginia Center Commons location) since they were only a couple of weeks old. I have had the..."
- "I enrolled my son here having just moved to the area, and knowing the had cameras. I noticed they didn't interact much, but until I could afford a better daycare,..."
- "*** *** Skew Neck Black Drawstring Waist Jumpsuits. Looks NOTHING like the picture. NOT THE SAME MATERIAL. FALSE REVIEWS ON THE SITE. Took over a month from when first ordered..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "Stc 20 real voucher number damage ..."