My wife has been wanting to get a Keurig K40 but we haven't been able to afford the $89.99 price that they sell for at Wal-Mart and other retailers.
I was excited to get an email from Big Lots which stated that they had the same K40 model offered at a "price so low that it couldn't be shown" in the email. So I went to the website, which said the same thing but also had a valid date range of 4/2/15-4/9/15.
So, I took time from my lunch break and drove to one of the local stores on 5/7/15. The guy at the counter actually rolled his eyes when I asked about the item. He scanned it and said it was $89.99. When I showed him the email. He said he had never seen Big Lots do that before in an email or on the website. Then he told me that it would be in the Mother's Day sale starting on Saturday. When I told him that the dates were from 4/2/15-4/9/15 he said he didn't know anything about it but it would be on sale on Saturday.
It's now Saturday and I just got back from another Big Lots closer to me and it is still $89.99. I asked the manager about the price and the dates and he said that it was at the regular price, there was no sale and it would still be that price after 4/9.
I contacted the Big Lots customer service department and they told me "We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. For Big Lots to be able to carry the Keurig coffee maker, the Keurig company requires us to advertise the item in this manner. We are not allowed to show the price in our ads or on our web site."
However, this didn't address the valid date issue which gives one the impression of a special price.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Misleading advetising
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Keurig K40 Brewing System
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "My son and i both bought couch and recliner i know they are approximate five years old but they are designated in front of our eyes. I know they..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "A friend of mine bought these a while back, wore them once, and decided that they did not fit him. I took them off his hands, and they fit..."
- " I flew overseas from Washington through TAV (Ataturk Airport). We missed the next connection trip because of the gate numbers confusion on the monitors. After we realized that..."
- "We looked at many competing window replacement companies and chose CASTLE WINDOWS after a great experience with a nice sales rep. We were given a quote and scheduled an installation..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."