1.4K views

Bought this so I could snuggle with my grandkids, for that it s great, but the only way I can get footrest to close is to get on my knees, have someone stand behind chaire and slam it as hard as I can. I am 67 and just had knee replacemet, guess what can't get on her knees anymore without extreme paid.

Does anyone have a solution? I surre it would appreciate it.

I hate when company comes and I have to ask one of them to stand behind the chair so I can close it. I live by myself and if I get down on me knees and can't get up, I am in trouble.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of stratoglounger stallion snuggle up recliner from Big Lots. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Big Lots to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Big Lots for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

#1482040

I’ve got 2. One is worse that the other.

If you flip it over, you’ll see there’s a design flaw that causes the foot rest to come into contact with a support making it difficult to close. There’s no way to fix it yourself. I’ve tried.

I’m trying to figure out if mine are still under warranty so I can send them back. They are horrible.

I agree 100%. When I sat on the Stallion reclining sofa, it was so comfy, BUT, only on 1 side, the other sagged.

Also, same for trying to close it to get out of it.

I told the rep. @ my local Big Lots about both. Was there yesterday w/a friend who ordered a mattress on sale that was sold out, due to a sale.

The couch is still same. One just doesn't know, even w/brand names furniture, especially when the price us good!!

Lake Mary, Florida, United States #1189046

It should still be under warranty, take it back to the store and tell them it is defective. It shouldn't be that difficult to close.

Honestly, the oversized recliners need a lot of leg power to close & that should have been discussed with you by the salesperson. I was a furniture manager at Big Lots for over 15 years & would not have recommended that recliner for you knowing you had knee replacement.

Why don't you exchange it for one that works...? Seems like kinda the obvious solution

Sell the chair and buy a power recliner so it will close by itself!